Regional Operations EVS Director
Job Location: DE, PA, MD, DC, or VA
Our BRAVO! Healthcare Solutions Regional Office has an opening for an experienced Regional Operations Director to join our growing team. The Operations Director position manages and directs staff to provide cleaning services to our client locations. High energy, good interpersonal skills and team skills are critical in this Management role. The Regional Operations Director must have experience in the Healthcare cleaning industry and managing a workforce. Must have a track record of providing excellent customer service, adhering to and managing compliance of JCAHO, AAAHC, AORN and OSHA standards. Manage work functions and activities as defined by the corporate office. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills, ability to create a culture of continuous improvement and manage a team to meet the needs of the customer. Candidate must be able to represent organization on customers Quality Assurance, Infection Control and Safety Committees. Demonstrated understanding of healthcare standards, operations, customers, suppliers, business, climate, cost/plant accounting, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimize, implement, and successfully manage efficiency and quality standards.
- Manages the operations associated with managing a staff at remote locations that include distribution of company-owned property and IDs, training employees on job functions and ensuring safety compliance
- Ensures standards for quality of services, proper usage of equipment and that cost-effective measures are taken when appropriate.
- Develops monitors and manages within assigned budget.
- Manages the resolution of customer problems beyond the supervisory level.
- Manage a work team comprised of supervisors and General Cleaners that are part-time, full-time and work day or night shifts.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of supervisors and cleaning staff to assure that safety and best practices are maximized.
- Manage the employment and training of employees.
- Oversee the implementation and administration of department policies, procedures, safety training and job training.
- Recommend solutions regarding products or job functions to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Ensure that all employees are adhering to BRAVO!’s policies and procedures including, safety processes.
- Document employee performance and take necessary disciplinary actions.
- Ensures that managers hire, terminate, train, develop, appraise and discipline employees as needed and equitably.
- Ensures managers are managing employee schedules, safety and security compliance, employee relations, training, and implementing solutions in a fair and consistent manner.
- Mange employee work schedules for full-time and part-time employees for day and night shifts.
- Assists customers with theft issues and escalates issues when needed.
- Adheres to client’s workplace policies and security.
- Travels to client locations 90% of the time. VA/MD/PA/NJ/SC/NC
- Participates in Operations’ Meeting and other meetings as instructed by management.
- Participates in training seminars and courses that relate to the business.
- Develop procedures that ensure compliance with CDC, JCAHO, AAAHC and AORN standards.
- Participate in Healthcare bid opportunities by attending in pre-bid meetings and developing budgets
- Assist clients in the preparations for accreditation surveys by JCAHO, AAHC and State Health Departments.
- Proven history of successful goal setting and achieving a high level of results when managing employees
- Familiar with cleaning processes, equipment and products.
- Treats all employees with respect and without prejudice.
- Knowledge of OSHA, JCAHO, AAAHC and Safety & Security and programs relating to the healthcare cleaning industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to motivate and lead a diverse work force to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Cleaning Industry and managing a successful team.
- Proven knowledge of providing excelled customer satisfaction.
- May be required to manage employees in a bargained-for environment (union).
- Possesses a “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and please the customer.
- Forward thinker and planner.
- Problem-solver and pro-active solution seeker.
- Good analytical and math abilities.
- Exceptional customer service abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, or equivalent skills.
- Five or more years EVS/Medical cleaning experience.
- Must have experience in medical office buildings, OR, CDU, ASC or nursing homes and knowledge of JCAHO accreditation compliance requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Excellent computer (Microsoft Suite) and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write English. Spanish a plus.
- Ability to direct and lead nonunion and union staff at multiple healthcare sites.
- CHESP, REH certification desired.
No phone calls please. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.Disclaimer: BRAVO! is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of BRAVO! about this opening.
BRAVO! Group Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer