CTMS - HVAC Technician / Journeyman
Job Location: Green Brook, NJ
Control Temp Mechanical Services, providing a full range of HVAC and Building Automation services, including system design and engineering, expert installation, and preventative maintenance programs throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware is seeking an experienced HVAC Technician / Journeryman Building Maintenance Professional to join our progressive team. Considerable candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. High energy, good interpersonal skills and team skills are critical in this diverse role.
POSITION SUMMARYPrimarily responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, chillers, cooling towers, economizers and humidifiers.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
- Understands electric theory, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read wiring diagrams. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Understands heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
- Understands, repaired, serviced air and water cooled chillers.
- Understands, repaired and serviced Cooling Towers
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have excellent written communications skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent oral communications skills
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Must be able to deal with difficult people
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman Must be able to install, repair, adjust, maintain and troubleshoot the following equipment:
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Refrigerant controls (metering devices)
- Hermetic, semi hermetic, screw and centrifugal compressors
- Heat Pumps, split systems, packaged units, ductless splits, chillers, towers CRAC units
- Motors and VFD
- Electric, electronic and digital controls
- Commercial furnaces, boilers, burners and related controls (oil and gas)
- Various types of water pumps
- Intake and exhaust fans
- Unit heaters (hot water, steam and electric)
- Heat load calculations
- Heat loss calculations
ESSENTIAL DAILY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check in with office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day.
- During and or at the end of each task complete all company provided forms to the fullest extent possible.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day.
- Check in with client at the beginning and end of each task.
- Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
- Upon completion of each task record time spent at each job on the weekly time sheet.
- Hand in and or email paperwork at the end of each job and or week for processing in sequential order.
- Ensure all vendor packing slips or invoices for each job are secured to the related job forms.
- Ensure all materials used for each task are listed properly on the company provided forms.
- Assist on job sites with other Mechanical technicians as needed.
- Answer all office calls in a timely manner.
- Check in as needed to ensure office dispatcher and/or field supervisor are aware of your status.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Call in repairs to the estimator or field supervisor and provide the necessary info needed to quote the repair, and fill out the appropriate quote forms as required.
- Consult field supervisor or dispatcher in times of uncertainty.
ESSENTIAL OVERALL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to build client confidence in company.
- Provide information to management on training needs and courses of interest.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts and tools for each day’s activities.
- Complete work in a timely and workman like manner.
- Coordinate with dispatcher for the use of company tools and ensure they are returned to the office in a timely manner.
- Participate in company–wide internal meetings as required.
- Maintain company tools in a professional manner.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have EPA Certification and at least 7-10 years of trade-related work experience, OR.
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
- Excellent logistical knowledge of the Central and Northern NJ areas
- Must be able to drive to local job sites on a daily basis
- Valid NJ Driver’s License
- Pass background, drug and DMV tests
- On-call and overtime hours as needed
- Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
- Must adhere to the company uniform policy.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and make office aware of maintenance issues.
- Aflac Supplemental
- If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume and salary requirements via email to: [email protected]