Loading Dock Master
Job Location: McLean, VA
BRAVO! Group Services, is one of the largest, privately-held facility service and outsourcing companies in the country. The Company is headquartered in Green Brook, NJ and operates branch offices in DE, VA, NC, and SC.
The Loading Dockmaster is responsible for supervision and oversight of the day-to-day operations of client commercial facility ramps, loading docks and loading/unloading of exhibition-related materials. Incumbent is responsible for the strict access control and scheduling/coordination of deliveries to all loading docks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that badges are displayed at all times on all loading docks;
- Ensures that fire safety procedures are utilized by contractors on the loading docks;
- Responds to emergency calls;
- Reports all incidents/situations on the loading docks.
- Access Control
- Obtaining and confirming proper identification of the person(s) requesting access.
- Maintaining an "Authorized Deliveries List".
- Requests a manifest and communicates with the contact person listed to confirm validity.
- Incoming Deliveries - Management of all loading dock security
- Stopping all vehicles before they enter the building and checking manifests to ensure validity.
- Calling contacts on manifests to inform addressees of deliveries and confirm they are expected.
- Obtaining and confirming proper identification of delivery personnel and updating the Loading Dock Log
- Inspecting and verifying contents of vehicles before building entry, including using mirror wands to inspect undercarriages of vehicles.
- Ensuring that only commercial vehicles are permitted to access the loading dock for deliveries.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with all levels of management and clients.
- Ability to solve conflicts.
- Focuses on ways to improve and promote quality and exhibits accuracy and thoroughness.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, develops realistic action plans and completes assignments as expected.
- Manages within budget.
- Safety and Security – adheres to all safety and security policies and procedures, promotes safety and security in the workplace and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attends training courses, seminars and trade-shows to enhance skills and keep skills current.
- Working knowledge of loading dock procedures, and safety.
- Ability to handle all eventualities that may occur around a loading dock.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits professionalism and is courteous at all times.
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be dependable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Required Experience and Qualifications:5 year Cleaning industry experience.
5 years Loading Dock experience.
If you are an organized and reliable individual seeking a new challenge, this position may be the ideal opportunity! Compensation includes base salary that commensurate with experience, and competitive benefits package.
Submit resume and salary requirement for consideration.
To learn more about us, please visit us at www.bravogroupservices.com.
No phone calls please. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: BRAVO! is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of BRAVO! about this opening.BRAVO! Group Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer